You know, in our opinion, there is nothing better than traveling with your best friend. Lucky for us that is each other! Travel allows you to enjoy experiences and create memories together that only the two of you will share. That is one of the things that we love about these friends traveling quotes. Traveling friends quotes help to inspire and ignite that wanderlust spirit.
Believe it or not, Marty and I do sometimes travel with other people. We have found that traveling with friends helps to build such a strong bond and connection. You can relive experiences with each other, have a good laugh or two, and share moments again and again.
We hope that this post of quotes-traveling with friends will inspire you to grab your best friend and hit the road for the time of your life!
Friends Traveling Quotes
This list of friends traveling quotes was so fun to put together. I love how each of these friends traveling quotes has such a great, special meaning. Matter of fact, I find myself thinking of some of my very best friends when I read these traveling friends quotes.
For some of these travel with friends captions, I have just listed the quote. For others, I took the opportunity to tell a little story about us and let you in on what this quote means to Marty and me. I hope you enjoy this list of travel quotes, friends!
1. “Friends that travel together, stay together.” -Unknown
I mean, how true is this one? As I explained above, travel has brought Marty and I closer than ever. We just love checking items off of our couple’s bucket list in order to deeper our connection and memories even more.
2. “A good friend always listens to your adventures, a best friend makes them with you.” -Unknown
Hands down, enough said. I know I can think of only a small list of people that have done this with me. I guess those people are truly my best friends.
3. “There is an unspoken bond you create with the friends you travel with.” -Kristen Sarah
I know that this is so true for a fact! I know we will never forget our first trip to Europe where we toured Italy and France. It was such an amazing adventure. And although there were some bumps along the way, we laugh about those bumps today!
4. “As soon as I saw you, I knew that a grand adventure was about to happen.” -Winnie the Pooh
I bet you all have a friend like this! I know for sure that Marty is that person for me. Our first date was an adventure in itself. LOL! Since then we have marked on so many adventures, many of which I haven’t even written about on here. Even if we are close to home, exploring Dallas-Fort Worth, we still try to make every day a fabulous adventure.
5. “Never go on trips with anyone you do not love.” -Ernest Hemingway
This is totally true. Trips are one of the greatest joys in life, so you definitely don’t want to ruin your time away. Start by igniting the travel spirit by doing one of our stay at home date ideas.
6. “You can pack for every occasion, but a good friend will always be the best thing you could ever bring.” -Unknown
And if you and best friend would like to learn to pack light on your trips as we do, then consider traveling with only a backpack.
7. “It doesn’t matter where you are going, it is who you have beside you.” -Unknown
I believe this is true not only in travel but in life in general.
8. “At the end of the day, your feet should be dirty, your hair messy and your eyes sparkling.” -Shanti
This is so so very true. What fun is life if you are just going through the motions? We need to feel alive and energized, and travel helps to provide that to us.
9. “True friends will always push you towards the great possibilities of your future, false friends will always chain you to the mistakes in your past.” – Seth Brown
10. “The more I travel the more I realized fear makes strangers of people who should be friends.” -Shirley MacLaine
I don’t know about you guys, but we have made some amazing friends when traveling, some of which we still keep in contact with today. Our travel social media accounts, especially our Instagram account has also connected us with so many like-minded people that love to travel.
11. “Wherever it is you may be, it is your friends who make your world.” – Chris Bradford
12. “We all start as strangers.” -Unknown
13. “There are no strangers in the world, only friends I haven’t met yet.” -Unknown
Marty will tell you that I am notorious for meeting strangers along our journeys and turning them into friends. One of my favorite memories of Ireland is when we were on a food tour in Dublin. We started talking with some of our fellow tourists and wound up spending the rest of the afternoon and evening with them. I am still connected with them on Facebook to this day!
14. “Quit your job, buy a ticket, get a tan, fall in love, never return.” -Island Company
15. “Without new experiences, something inside of us sleeps. The sleeper must awaken.” -Frank Herbert
16. “A journey is best measured in friends rather than miles.” -Tim Cahill
17. “As with any journey, who you travel with is more important than the destination.” -Unknown
Again, a quote that is focusing more on the relationships we make with people through traveling rather than the destination itself.
18. “Life is like a camera: you focus on what is important, capture the good times, develop from the negative and if things do not work out, take another shot.” -Unknown
I really love this quote. I try to bring positivity into all things, so this one really resonates with me.
19. “I don’t know the question, but travel is definitely the answer.” -Unknown
Travel is always the answer in my opinion. It doesn’t matter if you are escaping to the mountains like we did in Estes Park, CO, or if you are going to go be a beach bum in the Riviera Maya, travel is the answer for it all!
20. “Traveling in the company of those we love is home in motion.” -Leigh Hunt
How true are these friends traveling quotes? No matter where you are in the world, if you are with a best friend or a loved one, that is home!
21. “Never get so busy making a living that you forget to make a life.” -Unknown
I don’t think anyone ever looks back and regrets the things they did, only the things they haven’t done.
22. “When traveling life’s journey, it’s good to have a friend’s hand to hold on to.” -Unknown
Man, I know I would not want to imagine this life without my friends and loved ones!
23. “We take photos as a return ticket to a moment otherwise gone.” -Katie Thurmes
I love this quote so much. Generally speaking, photos are our souvenirs. I find myself looking at them time and time again, especially our photos from Capri, Italy.
24. “No road is long with good company.” -Turkish Proverb
25. “Wanderlust isn’t about running away from it all. It’s about experiencing the outside to discover the inside.” -Unknown
Most people will tell you that travel has helped them to discover themselves. I know that travel has opened my eyes to so many different cultures, beliefs, and traditions. I am so thankful to have experienced these and they truly helped me to discover who I am.
Traveling Friends Quotes
26. “Travel sparks our imagination, feeds our curiosity, and reminds us how much we. all have in common.” -Deborah Lloyd
27. “A journey well shared is a journey well enjoyed.” -Unknown
Looking at all of these traveling friends quotes helps me to realize how thankful I am to have Marty to share my journey with. Not only in travel but in life!
28. “We are all travelers in the wilderness of the world and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.” -Robert Louis Stevenson
29. “The best things in life are the people we love, the places we’ve been, and the memories we’ve made along the way.” -Unknown
Like I said before, I don’t think people regret not having certain things in their life. I think in the end, our true regret is that we didn’t experience or see all of the things we wanted to. Don’t let that happen to you! Go and live your life!
30. “It was us against the world.” -Burnell Glanzer
31. “In life, it is not where you go, but who you travel with.” -Charles M. Schultz
32. “Don’t listen to what they say. Go see.” -Chinese Proverb
If I listened to people around me, I would never have left home. LOL!. I remember when Marty and I were planning our trip to London, a terrorist attack had just happened days before we were set to leave. Some of my family members begged us not to go because of this, but we went anyway. Marty and I choose to live our life to the fullest at all times. I hope you do also!
33. “There is a whole world out there. Pack your bags, your best friend, and go!” -Unknown
34. “Sometimes all you need is a great friend and a tank of gas.” -Thelma and Louise
Who hasn’t taken off on a road trip just to get away? I know we tour our home state of Texas all the time on a tank of gas and no particular destination. Matter of fact, we even have a list of Texas road trips that we love. We have also been known to fill the car up and do one of our many day trips from Dallas. Road trips are truly a different experience.
35. “Good times and crazy friends make the best memories.” -Unknown
36. “I have found out that there ain’t no surer way to find out whether you like people or hate them than to travel with them.” -Mark Twain
37. “Together is our favorite place to be.” -Unknown
This is absolutely true for Marty and I. We always want to be together. I mean always! It’s almost sickening to some of our friends. LOL!
38. “Friendship isn’t about being inseparable…it’s being separated and knowing nothing will change.” -Unknown
I know that I have friends where this is 100% true. We can go months or even years without seeing one another and pick up right where we left off. That shows the power of true friendship for sure!
39. “Sharing adventures means enjoying them 100% more.” -Unknown
40. “Wherever you go, go with all your heart!” -Confucius
41. “As with any great journey, who you travel with can be more important than your destination.” -Gossip Girl
42. “Good friends follow you anywhere.” -Winnie the Pooh
43. “Sometimes all you need is a great friend and a thirst for adventure.” -Unknown
I know there are many times we have embarked on adventures and not really even had a destination. How about you?
44. “Travel isn’t always pretty. It isn’t always comfortable. Sometimes it hurts, it even breaks your heart. But that’s okay. The journey changes you; it should change you. It leaves marks on your memory, on your consciousness, on your heart, and on your body. You take something with you. Hopefully, you leave something good behind.” -Anthony Bourdain
45. “Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.” -Unknown
This is one of my favorite quotes. Matter of fact, I have it on a picture in my office to remind me of the reason I work so hard.
46. “One of the great things about travel is that you find out how many good, kind people there are.” -Edith Wharton
47. “You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.” –Wayne Gretzky
48. “Wherever it is you may be, it is your friends who make your world.” -Chris Branford
49. “A true traveler’s journey is never complete.” -Unknown
50. “To the world you may be just one person, but to one person you may be the world.” -Brandi Snyder
Quotes-Traveling With Friends
51. “Life is about doing things that don’t suck with people that don’t suck.” -Unknown
Ensure that life doesn’t suck should be the top priority for all of us!
52. “Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive.” -Anais Nin
53. “Happiness is not a state to arrive at, but a manner of traveling” -Margaret Lee Runbeck
54. “Don’t walk in front of me; I may not follow. Don’t walk behind me; I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend.” -Albert Camus
How true is this. I don’t want to follow or lead all of the time. I just want to hang out and have a good time. Do that beside me!
55. Little by little, one travels far.” -J.R.R. Tolkein
56. “Life was meant for good friends and great adventures.” -Unknown
57. “Tourists don’t know where they’ve been, travelers don’t know where they’re going.” -Paul Theroux
There are so many times that we have just ventured to a new place and not really had a plan. I love doing this. Talk to locals and go where they lead you. This is when you find the hidden treasures!
58. Traveling-it leaves you speechless then turns you into a storyteller.” -Unknown
59. “If you go looking for a friend, you’re going to find they’re very scarce. If you go out to be a friend, you’ll find them everywhere.” -Zig Ziglar
60. “Travel is better with friends.” -Unknown
61. “There are seven days in the week, and someday isn’t one of them.” -Unknown
62. “So much of who we are is where we have been.” -William Langewiesche
Again, the theme of how powerful is to help us discover our true selves. I love it!
63. “Do not follow where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson
64. “Friendship is the only cement that will ever hold the world together.” -Woodrow T. Wilson
65. “Good company in a journey makes the way seem shorter.” -Izaak Walton
66. “Everyone needs that friend that calls and says, “Get dressed, we’re going on an adventure.” -Leigh Hunt
67. “Travel is the only thing you buy in life that makes you richer.” -Unknown
68. “Only the people you don’t know well enough seem normal. Every person you know well enough is odd, weird and different. This is called friendship!” -Unknown
69. “True friends never apart maybe in distance never in heart.” -Helen Keller
70. “True friendship comes when the silence between two people is comfortable.” -David Tyson
71. “You never really travel alone. The world is full of friends waiting to get to know you.” -Unknown
72. “When you get lost in a really strange place, nothing is more comforting than finding your friend whom you trust and can show the way.” – Toba Beta
So many of these quotes about traveling with friends remind me of stories. This one reminds me of the time that Marty and I were exploring the castles of the Rhine in Germany.
We were lost trying to find one of the castles. I saw a man outside with his toddler-aged son washing his car. We were trying to ask for directions but the language barrier was prohibiting us. We showed him a picture of the castle. He stopped what he was doing, loaded us up in his car and drove us to the castle.
How amazing was that?! The people of Germany were truly so amazing and kind!
73. “Perhaps travel cannot prevent bigotry, but by demonstrating that all people cry, laugh, eat, worry, and die, it can introduce the idea that if we try and understand each other, we may even become friends.” -Maya Angelou
74. “Life was meant for good friends and great adventures.” -Unknown
75. “The real test of friendship is can you literally do nothing with the other person? Can you enjoy those moments of life that are utterly simple?” -Eugene Kennedy
76. “Travel far enough, you meet yourself” -David Mitchell
Do you think this is possible? You know I do. I have told you several times in this post the transformative power that travel has had on me. I hope you get to experience this same transformation.
77. “Happiness is letting go of what you think your life is supposed to look like and celebrate it for everything that it is.” -Mandy Hale
78. “An acquaintance merely enjoys your company, a fair-weather companion flatters when all is well, a true friend has your best interests at heart, and the pluck to tell you what you need to hear.” -E.A. Bucchianeri
79. “Travel leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.” -Ibu Battuta
80. “Happy is the soul that has a friend. Happier is the soul that trusts in the truth of the heart of a friend. Happiest is the soul that knows the solemnity of friendship and honors its laws.” – Ogwo David Emenike
81. “Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.” -Oprah Winfrey
Man, you nailed it Oprah. Surround yourself with people that will continue to take the bus with you!
82. “True friends will always push you towards the great possibilities of your future, false friends will always chain you to the mistakes in your past.” -Seth Brown
83. “A real friend is someone who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.” -Walter Winchell
84. “Life by the water is better, especially with a few good friends in tow.” -Unknown
Do you feel this way about the water as well? I know I do. The water has a calming effect on me. It is just my happy place!
85. “A ship in a harbor is safe, but it not what ships are built for.” -John A. Shedd
86. “People are always in good company when they are doing what they really enjoy.” -Samuel Butler
87. “Good friends follow you anywhere.” – A.A. Milne
88. “If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.” -African Proverb
89. “You and me, we are more than friends. We are like a small travel gang!” -Unknown
These traveling friends quotes just inspire me so much. I love this one. This one is for my girl group. We are totally this!!
90. “Having a best friend is like having your own little corner of the world to escape to.” -Unknown
91. “It feels good to be lost in the right direction with you.” -Unknown
92. “Life is short and the world is wide.” -Simon Raven
93. “If you want to succeed, you should strike out on new paths rather than travel the worn paths of accepted success.” – John D. Rockefeller
John D. Rockefeller is speaking powerful words here. Don’t follow, go out, and create your own paths!
94. “Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us, or we find it not.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
95. “Travel like Gandhi, with simple clothes, open eyes and an uncluttered mind.” – Rick Steve
96. “Don’t be afraid to fail, be afraid not to try.” -Unknown
97. “Don’t tell me the sky’s the limit when there are footprints on the moon.” – Paul Brandt
98. “The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” -Saint Augustine
99. “Be fearless in the pursuit of what sets your soul on fire.” -Unknown
100. “Do all things with love!” -Unknown
101. “And I said to myself: “What a wonderful world”. ” -Louis Armstrong
I just had to end with this quote by Louis Armstrong. To me, this sums it all up!
Final Thoughts on Friends Traveling Quotes
So there you have our list of friends traveling quotes. These travel with friends captions are so good to use on your social media accounts. Fell free to use them on social media, print them for shirts, or make a card to invite you travel buddy to a great adventure with you.
What additional trip with friends quotes would you add to this list? We would love to hear, so be sure to comment below!
You Might Also Like:
Like this post? Please Pin It or share to your favorite social media!
About the Author
Michelle Snell is a travel writer, history buff, wine lover, and enthusiast of different cultures. While she is a professional educator by day, her passion for travel has her jet-setting all over the world during her free time.
Michelle enjoys bringing places to life through her informative writing style on her blog, That Texas Couple. Her practical tips and suggestions help make travel dreams a reality while immersing her readers in the history, culture, and food of a region. She is happiest sipping wine in Italy or chilling on a beach with her husband, Marty.
Sign up to receive your free travel printables. We promise we won’t spam you. We just like to give you things!
These printables include: Carry-on only packing list, ultimate packing list, list of travel apps we love, weekly vacation schedule, 10 things to do every time you travel